Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Jessica's assignment

Subject: UW student
Sex: Female
Age: 21
Race: Caucasian
Religion: Unknown; no visible markers of any kind

Clothes: Subject was dressed casually; jeans, a shirt and a sweater. The jeans were fitted, yet too long for the subject and the bottoms were slightly shredded as a result. The jeans showed many signs of fatigue; tears on the pockets, a few on the seams, and a worn spot on the right knee. No brand name was visible on the jeans because the logo on the back had been removed, leaving behind a square of slightly darker denim where the tag had previously been. The shirt was fitted, with a red border and large multicolor polka dots all over. The shirt appeared new, the colors were still very bright, and no signs of wear were present. The subject also wore a black cardigan sweater with ¾ length sleeves. It was slightly faded, with keyholes at the bottoms of the sleeves.

Footwear: The subject was wearing dark brown leather shoes. The backs were fully covered by the long jeans, but the front of the shoes showed signs of wear. The fronts were scuffed and the laces on the right shoe were shredded. No brand name was visible on the shoe; possibly due to the fact that the back half was not visible.

Hair: The subject’s hair was chin length and medium brown with slightly choppy bangs. It appeared to be untreated by color because there were no visible roots or distinguishable highlights. No hair accessories were present.

Accessories: The subject was wearing no accessories aside from a necklace consisting of a silver chain with cherry shapes hanging off of it. There were no visible tattoos and while the subject had pierced ears, she wore no earrings.

Part II
I accidentally fell asleep after my alarm went off on Monday so I was running a bit late and didn’t really plan my outfit. Having just done my laundry Sunday night, I picked the shirt that was on top of my laundry basket. Seeing that it was kind of grey and gloomy outside, I picked a black sweater out of my closet because it was warm and didn’t clash. My favorite jeans unfortunately had to be retired last week because they had a few too many holes, so the ones that I ended up wearing were older jeans that I’ve had since high school that are a bit long. The tag was missing because it had started to fall off after a few too many washes so I pulled it off without knowing that the color of the denim underneath was completely different. By shoes (ecco brand) do not have a brand logo on the outside, there is just one inside and then on the sole. I love these shoes because they are so comfortable and I end up walking a long ways during the day, so comfort is important to me. For one of my jobs I work in a bead store, and as a result I have become addicted to making jewelry and I try to justify my habit by making sure to wear a piece of jewelry every day. Monday I wore my cherry necklace because I had just finished making it and wanted to be sure it laid right and didn’t do anything weird when I wore it like poke me or flip around.

No comments: